Experts from various local and overseas associations will also address the latest innovative technologies in the fields of 3D audio, acoustics technology, AoIP, lighting design, studio recording, sound systems and event safety.
Now in its 15th edition, the fair will continue to feature a strong international presence with an unrivaled range of offerings. Participating brands include Audio-Technica, Beta-3, Concord, DGX, Eastern Edison, EM Acoustics, ENEWAVE, Fidek, Great Wall, Harman International, LaON, Lewitt, LiteLEES, NEXT-proaudio, Neutrik, Peavey, Prolyte, SE Audiotechnik, Shure, Soundking, TW Audio and YAMAHA. Newcomers to this edition also include: Antelope Audio, AV Link, BBS, BFC, Digisynthetic, Lavoce, LYNX, Restmoment, RME, Voice-Acoustic, ShowTex and Wanledi.
Ms Judy Cheung, Deputy General Manager for Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co Ltd remarked: “Prolight + Sound Shanghai always has its finger on the pulse of times. Year by year, the show is growing – not only in size, but also in its internationality and offerings. I believe the key to our success lies in our understanding of the ever-evolving industry. This year, we’ve forged new partnerships with industry associations from Korea and Russia, and also launched two product zones for AV entertainment solutions and stage machinery. We’re confident these enhanced measures will reveal new technologies, market ideas and international perspectives for the event and entertainment industry.”
All-encompassing variety of products in distinctive product zones
Designed to fulfil specific market demands, new and expanded product zones will gather top suppliers to offer a wide array of recording and production equipment, AV entertainment solutions and stage machinery. Dedicated areas include:
- The Recording and Production Zone in Hall N1 will unveil a variety of output equipment, recording and monitoring equipment, audio processing equipment, as well as external and functional equipment.
- The debut of the AV Entertainment Solution Zone in Hall N2, will reveal entertainment solutions with KTV kiosks, mini theatres, karaoke servers, headphones, speakers and microphones. Attendees can also get hands-on experience on cutting-edge technologies in virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and 4D motion seats.
- Also newly launched is the Stage Machinery Technology Zone in Hall N4 to promote the use of credible stage products. There will be 20 stage machinery brands to showcase their truss, electric hoist, curtain and lift products and technologies.
Globally acclaimed experts to expound on latest industry trends
In addition to a comprehensive showcase of professional audio and lighting advancements, Prolight + Sound Shanghai is an invaluable platform to inquire about industry knowledge from experts and professionals. This is attributed to the joint efforts with numerous local and overseas associations and organisations, which include:
- China Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (CSMPTE)
- Japan Electronics Show Association (JES)
- Korea Broadcasting Equipment Industry Association (KOBEIA)
- National Association of Musical Instruments and Audio Manufacturers (ANAFIMA), Brazil
- Russian Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (RAAPA)
- Shanghai Municipal Administration Culture Radio Film & TV
- Taiwan Association of Theatre Technology (TATT)
- Thai Hotels Association (THA)
- The German Entertainment Technology Association (VPLT)
With the help of these prominent associations, an all-inclusive programme has been compiled to address prevailing and emerging trends that will shape the entertainment landscape. Highlights include:
- Hands on Rigging Workshop (12 October)
The workshop will demonstrate practical rigging techniques and safety measures during live events.
- VPLT International Audio Training Course – 3D Audio (12 October)
A prestigious line-up of experts from Full Dimension Multimedia, German Tonmeister’s Association (VDT) and Sennheiser will offer profound insights on the technologies and applications of 3D audio.
- Shanghai International Film and Television Technology Forum – Sound (IFTT) (12 – 13 October)
World-class leaders from AMS Neve, Dolby, E-Coustic Systems, Harman, LAWO, Sennheiser and Shure will introduce advanced concepts, products and technologies for recording and production in the realm of film, television and broadcasting. Topics on media convergence, multi-channel technology in 3D audio and IP technology will also be discussed.
Other exciting events also include:
- Dante Certification Training @ Shanghai
- The 8th National Music Mixing Contest Award & Launching Ceremony
- Vision X Network, a dynamic and interactive product presentation session
- Concert Sound Arena
Information for journalists:
Prolight + Sound Shanghai is organised by Messe Frankfurt and Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co Ltd and is a brand event of the annual Prolight + Sound exhibition in Frankfurt, Germany. For more information about the Shanghai show, please visit. For more details and information about the show, please visit www.prolightsound-shanghai.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other shows under the Prolight + Sound brand include:
Prolight + Sound
10 – 13 April 2018, Frankfurt
Prolight + Sound Guangzhou
10 – 13 May 2018, Guangzhou
Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia
13 – 15 September 2018, Moscow
Prolight + Sound Middle East
23 – 25 September 2018, Dubai
Press information and photographic material:
Facebook: Prolight and Sound China
LinkedIn: Prolight and Sound China
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,300* employees at some 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €647* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services.
With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at:
www.messefrankfurt.com | www.congressfrankfurt.de | www.festhalle.de
- PLSS17_OR_EN.pdf (pdf, 192 KB)