The conference based event is inspired and powered by SPS IPC Drives in Germany and its first sister event in China, SIAF – SPS Industrial Automation Fair Guangzhou. With the introduction of Industry 4.0 and the growing popularity of smart manufacturing, SISS highlights cutting-edge intelligent industrial automation systems, technologies and solutions that utilise the Internet of Things (IoT) to connect real and virtual worlds of production. Having gained strong industry recognition, the shows attract reputable brands, institutes and associations who are prepared to present their insights, they include ADLINK, B&R Automation, Beckhoff, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Bosch Software Innovations, Comau, OPC UA, Phoenix Contact, Rockwell Automation, SAP, Schneider Electric, Shanghai Jiaotong University, SIPAI, Tongji University and Universal Robotics.
This year, the conference covers three main themes including smart manufacturing as well as cyber world technologies and resources. The conference is crafted purposely to stimulate technical interactive seminars and discussions. This year, a new segment for smart factories titled “Dialogue with hidden champions’ series – Talk about Education for Industry 4.0” will be one of the event highlights. Led by experts representing leading industry brands, this segment will focus on the connection between ‘Industry 4.0’ and education and research institutes for discovering new industry trends, market opportunities, challenges and more. Collectively, more than 10 industry-oriented presentations will be offered. Renowned speakers and their corresponding subjects include:
27 June 2017:
- Speaker: Mr Dave Dai, Senior Business Manager, Bosch Software Innovations
Topic: Connected Manufacturing – Lean Production Meets Industry 4.0
- Speaker: Mr Li Zhong Jie, Commercial Marketing Manager, Rockwell Automation
Topic: Bring the Connected Enterprise to Life
- Speaker: Mr Sam De key, Chief Technology Officer in China, OPC UA
Topic: Relationship among IOT, Standardization and OPC
“Special Session: Dialogue with hidden champions’ series – Talk about Education for Industry 4.0” (27 June 2017):
- Speaker: Mr Sun Shuping, Department Head, Shanghai Institute of Process Automation Instrumentation (SIPAI)
- Speaker: Dr Du Pin Sheng, Vice President, Phoenix Contact
- Speaker: Mr Liang Li Qiang, Executive Director, Beckhoff
- Speaker: Dr Xiao Wei Rong, President of Greater China, B&R Automation
- Speaker: Mr Feng Xiao, Professor and Department Head, Tongji University
- Speaker: Mr Zhao Gang, Professor and Department Head, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Speaker: Mr Liu Cheng Liang, Professor, Shanghai Jiaotong University
28 June 2017:
- Speaker: Mr Tony Tang, Head of Robotics and Automation Products, Comau (Shanghai) Engineering Co Ltd
Topic: COMAU – The Leading Culture of Automation
- Speaker: Mr Wang Xinhua, OEM Segment Marketing Director, Schneider Electric (China) Company Limited Shanghai Branch
Topic: Schneider Electric EcoStruXure Empower Smart Manufacturing
- Speaker: Mr Adam Sobieski, General Manager, Universal Robotics
Topic: Collaborative robot technology is no longer a concept
- Speaker: Mr Deng Pan, FAE Director, ADLINK
Topic: Connect the Unconnected – The Last Mile of Smart Factory
- Speaker: Ms Sunny Wang, PLM Product Expert, SAP China
Topic: The next level of PLM
In addition to the strong line-up of speakers and topics, SISS’s designated display area will run unison with the conference and showcase some of the latest intelligent industrial automation systems, technologies and solutions in the market. Renowned companies confirmed for the 2017 include B&R Automation, Beckhoff, Phoenix Contact and others.
Synergistic collaboration with PCIM Asia creates a one-stop sourcing platform for intelligent industry automation solutions
SISS is held in conjunction with PCIM Asia, a leading exhibition and conference platform dedicated to power electronics, intelligent motion, renewable energy and energy management technologies. This professional event is well-known for drawing in serious buyers including engineers and R&D experts. As power devices and industrial automation are interrelated in many respects, SISS participants will benefit from the synergistic collaboration of the two events.
– end –
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €640* million in sales and employing 2,364* people. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 30 subsidiaries and 55 international Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in 175 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at approx. 50 locations around the globe. In 2016, a total of 138* trade fairs were held under the Messe Frankfurt umbrella, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
Comprising an area of 592,127 square metres, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to ten exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres. The historic Festhalle, one of the most popular venues in Germany, plays host to events of all kinds. Messe Frankfurt is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent.
For more information, please visit our website at www.messefrankfurt.com.
- SISS17-PR1-EN (pdf, 121 KB)