“The successful results of last year’s Spring Edition proved our decision to recommence the fair was the right one, and that demand in China for finished products at this time of the year has rebounded,” said Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd. “This year, with the stable market conditions in China’s home textiles sector, we expect the fair will conclude with another page of success.”
Discover the fair’s four major highlights
Amongst the fair’s wide range of offerings are four major highlights not to be missed:
- Industry leading suppliers: taking advantage of the peak sourcing season for finished products, a number of foremost industry players, such as Anhui Honren, Asahi Kasei, Cotton Council International, Zhejiang Hexin Holding, Jaspa Herington, Jiangyin Hongliu, Jihua 3542, Jinbaili, Lenzing AG, Pacific Home Fashion, Paramount Textile Mills, Tamurakoma, Tela’s Design, Yueda Home Textile, Yuyue Home Textiles and more, will take part and bring together the latest and highest quality products in the industry
- Nine pavilions: the India Pavilion and eight China regional pavilions from Gaoyang, Haimen, Huzhou, Shuyang, Pujiang, Tongzhou, Tongxiang Zhouquan and Zhenze will showcase these regions’ specialised products
- Seven theme zones: to accommodate different sourcing needs and increase the business effectiveness of the fair, Bedding & Interior Decoration Products Zone, Brand Bedding Products Zone, Towel Products Zone, Machinery Equipment Zone, Upholstery Fabrics Zone, Finished Curtains Zone and Designers’ Studio will host the top suppliers of those sectors
- Tmall Seminar and Livestream Zone: besides product sourcing, the fair also cooperates with Tmall to create a valuable learning platform for the industry. Some leading exhibitors will contribute in a series of seminars to help educate the industry on the latest consumer trends and product buying habits. These seminars will also be live streamed on Tmall.com. Tmall, owned by the Alibaba Group, is China’s largest B2C online retail marketplace with a market share of around 50%, and its online streaming service features millions of subscribers in the country
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition 2017 is held concurrently with four other textile events: Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition, Yarn Expo Spring, CHIC and PH Value. Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring & Autumn Editions are organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Home Textile Association (CHTA).
To find out more about these fairs, please visit: www.intertextilehome.com. For more information about Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: http://texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €640* million in sales and employing 2,364* people. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 30 subsidiaries and 55 international Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in more than 175 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at approx. 50 locations around the globe. In 2016, a total of 138* trade fairs were held under the Messe Frankfurt umbrella, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
Comprising an area of 592,127 square metres, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to ten exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres. The historic Festhalle, one of the most popular venues in Germany, plays host to events of all kinds. Messe Frankfurt is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent.
For more information, please visit our website at www.messefrankfurt.com.
* Preliminary figures for 2016
- ITSHS17-OPR-eng (pdf, 161 KB)