Amidst the presence of top government officials and global business leaders attending the concurrent Hongqiao International Economic and Trade Forum, which was opened by Chinese President Xi, Messe Frankfurt held a well-attended networking session for select VIPs at its booth. The event, hosted by the company’s President and CEO Wolfgang Marzin, served as an opportunity for the local market to learn how Messe Frankfurt’s core objectives are well-aligned with those of CIIE itself.
More specifically, these objectives include a desire to strengthen local economies, boost international trade, promote economic globalisation, and further open up the Chinese market. During the event, Mr Marzin also discussed the role Messe Frankfurt plays within various industry sectors across China, as well as the socio-economic benefits of trade fairs for their host cities.
Discussing the opening day of CIIE, Mr Marzin said: “It has been a very successful first day for both our company and the inaugural China International Import Expo. With importers and exporters from around the world gathering at this celebration of trade and international cooperation, it is the perfect opportunity for us to demonstrate how our nearly 150 trade fairs worldwide help our clients to internationalise their business activities. In particular, the huge import potential in the Chinese market has been clearly evident here today, and we are looking forward to showcasing over the next five days of the fair how our 30-plus events in China can assist international brands to capture this potential, as well as how our global events can assist Chinese brands looking to go global.”
Throughout the course of the fair, Messe Frankfurt will highlight why it is the smart exhibition choice for business encounters with four key messages which demonstrate the company’s core strengths. These are:
- Rooted in Frankfurt. Blossoming in China: emphasising the company’s solid roots in its home base, which can be traced back some 800 years, and its success in new markets around the world.
- Global reach. Local presence. That is our tradition: highlighting the company’s global network in 178 countries thanks to 28 subsidiaries and over 50 sales partners, as well as its local expertise thanks to its experienced staff and partnerships with key government bodies, trade associations and other partners in each market.
- Think future, think success, think Messe Frankfurt: showcasing how the company has its clients’ future business needs covered through its forward-thinking ethos.
- We are where you want to be: communicating Messe Frankfurt’s presence in relevant regional markets and promising new markets for its clients.
The coming days at CIIE will also play host to several onsite events hosted by Messe Frankfurt. This includes various events to showcase its expertise in its core industry sectors including Consumer Goods, Entertainment, Media & Creative Industries, Mobility & Logistics, Technology and Textiles & Textile Technologies.
For further information, please visit https://www.hk.messefrankfurt.com/hongkong/en/company/CIIE.html.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,400 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €669 million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at:
www.messefrankfurt.com | www.congressfrankfurt.de | www.festhalle.de
- CIIE18 PR3 EN (pdf, 164 KB)